Router internet led is orange while connected to modem's working LAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-23 13:07:13 - last edited 2021-04-23 14:55:32
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

For some reason, my TP-Link suddenly gave an orange light for 'internet' and the WiFi on my phone gave an error that it doesn't have a valid IP.

My modem's LAN ports and my Ethernet cables have been checked, they all work well on other devices.

I called the ISP to undo the bridge mode to check if the WIFI from my main modem/router works, and that works well.

I have reset both my modem and my TP-Link router back to factory settings, but the problem still occurs.

The router I have purchased is not even 1 year old, it's an AC5400, hardware V2.1. It never got any 'damage' whatsoever.

I'm quite sure it must have something to do with the IP address, as I cannot even log in to my router if it's connected to my PC.

A person in our household added a new laptop to our network and then the problem started to occur.

Does anyone have more suggestions? Your help is MUCH appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router internet led is orange while connected to modem's working LAN port
2021-04-23 16:33:22

@xNero 

Judging by your description it may be an IP conflict introduced by the new device (laptop).

Unplug/disconnect this device from your network and configure your router (when connected only to your PC, LAN to LAN connection or wireless connection).

After resetting the router IP should be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 with credentials admin/admin.

Most probably your router WAN port was configured as PPPoE (ISP modem bridged to your router). Configure the PPPoE credentials in your router and then connect it to the ISP modem as before.

If everything is normal as before you can try adding the device that caused the issue.

For the problematic device(laptop) make sure you have wireless/wiored network connection set to Auto (obtain IP address by DHCP), then plug/connect it to your network and see if everything is OK.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 1

Related Articles