C4000 not allowing inbound traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-24 14:14:25
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026

Having a problem accessing my file server from outside the network. Inside works fine. I've tried with Plex, and I've tried with my HTTP server on custom ports. Didn't have any problems with my previous Linksys or ASUS routers. Server has a static IP, and I have tried port forwarding the correct ports, and I have even tried setting a DMZ to the server. It seems like all inbound traffic never makes it through. Is there something wrong with these routers that they don't actually forward ports?

Options
2 Reply
Re:C4000 not allowing inbound traffic
2021-04-25 11:44:38

@Nabby 

You can check this FAQ (case 1) for potential reasons.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:C4000 not allowing inbound traffic
2021-04-25 13:20:53

@terziyski

Thanks. I've been through that link and read a lot of people's posts. It's working for the moment, but what finally ended up doing the trick was to remove the static IP reservation in the router and then on the computer configure the adapter to skip the DHCP and manually assign its IP address outside of the router's DHCP range. Then reboot both - several times. 

I will report back if it acts up again, though. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 2

Related Articles