TP Link Archer C3200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Archer C3200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP Link Archer C3200
TP Link Archer C3200
2021-04-25 20:03:48
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Build 2016 07 04

Hi,

I bought this router to use it's wireless bridge function (WDS). 

At Manualslib and some other websites, there are manuals that look quite official, using the template of TP Link manuals, and are for the C3200 and tell me where to enable the WDS Bridge function.

Was this removed or only available in some countries or firmware(s) ?  It's no a most commonly looked after feature, but I'm a bit surprised that two sources give mention of the function and where to activate it, on this specific model. 

Only to come and find out, my GUI lacks this feature/option.

Also, but not related (i checked the update logs concerning WDS), my version of firmware is v1 and build 2016 07 04... I see another one, from 12th of July and one from a year later. Neither the first or the latter, can be installed. The file is uploaded, the router is being restarted (says the GUI) and all of a sudden, error 4005 or something like that, the file has been rejected. :-/

What is up with this router ? Different sites tell me there is a bridge function, some have manuals that explicitly tell me how it can be used, and after 5 years, there is not one single firmware update that can be used. 

What proper alternative of TP Link to use a router in bridge mode is there ? I'm thinking RE650, but that is way slower. And the AX10000 routers are much much more expensive.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer C3200
2021-04-26 00:43:50

@Coincidance 

In your user guide there's no WDS mentioning at all. It simply doesn't support it.

If I were you I would use that device as an AP if cabling is possible.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-05-05 20:06:22

@terziyski So what does the manual at manualslib.com refer to ? Or the C3200 one at fccid.io ?

Options
2021-05-05 21:07:18 - last edited 2021-05-05 23:49:32

@Coincidance 

I would trust only a reputable source.

The error that you have encountered is probably due to a FW for a different region (EU,US RU, etc.)

Check this thread for C3200 WDS related information.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 3

Related Articles