Unable to update firmware version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 09:28:04
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6038.0 Build 190925 Rel.62876n

I have tried to upgrade my firmware version and whenever I upload the updated firmware file it shows a error code 4503 and an error message " The file is not accepted". 

I want to upgrade my firmware version because this router isn't working as range extender mode. When I connect this router to my main router wirelessly internet connectivity of both the router came down and sometimes the devices that connected to this router and my main router gets disconnected and keeps on showing connecting but never connects.

And once I switch off this router Archer C20 my main router starts working absolutely fine. And this problem happening with every router as I have tried to use it as range extender in my friend router too. 

Please resolve this issue asap!

It's been a just 9 days since I purchased this router and this problem is happening from day 1st. 

Really fed up with this tp link router! 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to update firmware version
2021-04-26 16:52:03

@Aakarsh 

To successfuly upgrade the FW, your device region (EU, US, etc.) must match with the file downloaded from support portal.

That applies to HW version too. Usually this information is printed on the bottom sticker of he device.

The other place you can see HW version is in System Tools - Firmware Upgrade menu.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-28 07:26:16

@terziyski 

I've checked everywhere but no Location code has been printed neither on router nor on the box.

Options
2021-04-28 08:21:47

@Aakarsh 

Which region you are located in ?

Can you post the following screenshot:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-28 08:48:12

@terziyski 

I'm from India. 

The screenshot that you have asked for  

Options
2021-04-28 09:06:24 - last edited 2021-04-28 09:08:16

@Aakarsh 

Read through this thread. It's about just the same query as yours. Probably you have the latest FW version.

Options
2021-04-28 09:18:19
what my primary issue is not to update the firmware version. But the issue is that I'm unable to use the tp-link router as extender mode. Whenever I use it as range extender mode with my main router either the internet gone down or just all the devices get disconnected and when I try to connect the device it keeps on showing connecting but never gets connect. And I once switch off this router everything starts working fine with my router.
Options
2021-04-28 09:37:06

@Aakarsh 

Use your C20 user guide Chapter 6 to configure the device in RE mode.

Here's a video guide as well.

Options