Two extenders only one auto changes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 15:30:30 - last edited 2021-04-27 20:07:49
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After some days of TP link technical conversations I am no nearer a conclusion so wondered if I can get some help here.

Daughter gave me a TL-WA850RE range extender and this works perfectly. My phone, and other items, will move over to this extender atomatically when the router wifi signal drops low. This extender does not transmit it's own SSID, you only know of a change over when your signal bars go from1 to 5.

Needing better coverage in my garage I bought a TL-WA855re range extender and this out performs the one mentioned above however................

It wont allow a auto change over when the signal from my router is weak or non existant. I have to maualy select its ssid (that is the same as my router but with -EXT on the end) from the list of networks on my phone.

This is rather a pain but has become moreso now I want to put up a wireless CCTV camera that is monitored from my mobile.

So my questions are:-

Can the TL-WA855RE be configured to work the same as the TL-WA850RE (auto change over-roaming) and if so how.

Or if not any recomendations to an extender that will do. I can't use the one my daughter gave me as it does not perform well enough to work with CCTV, mainly due to distance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Two extenders only one auto changes-Solution
2021-04-27 20:07:21 - last edited 2021-04-27 20:07:49

@braingone SOLVED!!!

Updated the firmware and then for the second time removed from the adptors SSID, the end 4 digits being _EXT

Miracles happen, only one SSID now shows on my phone and the phone (and all my other wireless products)  automatically change over to the adaptor when moving around the house.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Two extenders only one auto changes-Solution
2021-04-27 20:07:21 - last edited 2021-04-27 20:07:49

@braingone SOLVED!!!

Updated the firmware and then for the second time removed from the adptors SSID, the end 4 digits being _EXT

Miracles happen, only one SSID now shows on my phone and the phone (and all my other wireless products)  automatically change over to the adaptor when moving around the house.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 1

Related Articles