God Speed on the main deco, very poor on the other 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-29 13:21:02 - last edited 2021-05-05 15:22:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,
I received yesterday my new Deco M5 (3 pieces) and I installed in my house (2 floors and about 4,000 ft2).
I don't have any wifi dark spaces in the house, but I have a serious speed problem. The main Deco speed test show as the same Mbps that I have by contract with my internet provider (200 Mbps download/60 Mbps upload), but the other two Decos shows a very poor speed (6-10 Mbps / 4 Mbps).
Can you give me a recommendation or an specific set up to solve the problem?
Best regards,
Gonzalo

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:God Speed on the main deco, very poor on the other 2-Solution
2021-04-29 15:46:49 - last edited 2021-05-05 15:22:16

Good place to start is to open Deco app, navigate to each of Satellite nodes, and check quality of signal reported between them and Main Deco node. You'll find it under Signal Source.

For reference, I am getting 200Mbps on my Satellite Deco M5 wirelessly connected to Main Deco with the following signal quality:

If quality of signal is low, you'll need to move Satellite Deco closer to Main Deco.

A common mistake is to put Satellite Deco where mobile devices are. For example, if someone uses their smartphones a lot in Master Bedroom, they may decide to place Satellite Deco in Master Bedroom, too. 

That would not be the righ placement: Satellite Deco must be placed approximately in the middle between Master Bedroom and Main Deco, in that example.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:God Speed on the main deco, very poor on the other 2
2021-04-29 13:46:21

@Gonzalo1976 same issue. good speed in the main unit, poor in the others.

Options
Re:God Speed on the main deco, very poor on the other 2-Solution
2021-04-29 15:46:49 - last edited 2021-05-05 15:22:16

Good place to start is to open Deco app, navigate to each of Satellite nodes, and check quality of signal reported between them and Main Deco node. You'll find it under Signal Source.

For reference, I am getting 200Mbps on my Satellite Deco M5 wirelessly connected to Main Deco with the following signal quality:

If quality of signal is low, you'll need to move Satellite Deco closer to Main Deco.

A common mistake is to put Satellite Deco where mobile devices are. For example, if someone uses their smartphones a lot in Master Bedroom, they may decide to place Satellite Deco in Master Bedroom, too. 

That would not be the righ placement: Satellite Deco must be placed approximately in the middle between Master Bedroom and Main Deco, in that example.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 2

Related Articles