TP link Archer C5 V4 internet drop issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-29 16:25:16
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: :3.16.0 0.9.1 v600c.0 Build 190904 Rel.64114

I'm using archer c5 for 11 month now. But the 2.4ghz wifi keeps dropping even when I'm close to the router. Sometimes my phone is unable to connect to the router after 1 minute it connects again. How to fix the issue? And why do this router doesn't get any update. At this price other routers get updates frequently. Gotta say very poor router performance

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP link Archer C5 V4 internet drop issue
2021-04-30 06:13:17

@rotbot 

Make sure your wireless settings for both bands are:

For 5 GHz band you can set Mode to 802.11n/ac mixed.

The other thing you could do is to scan the spectrum with an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer to see the level of wireless interference around you and set a less crowded wireless channel accordingly if needed - https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/best-wi-fi-channel/

The reason you can't find FW updates is that this model is targeted towards ISP operators.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:TP link Archer C5 V4 internet drop issue
2021-04-30 12:01:07

Still facing the same issue. This router needs software update

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 975

Replies: 2