Is there a Deco model who can do wi-fi as wan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-01 13:13:37 - last edited 2021-05-06 12:12:27
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm interested in buying a deco, but I need a model who can connect to a wi-fi wan (the internet is provided with my apartment)

My setup must look like that :

Provided Wi-fi -> deco (with one lan computer with dhcp server/dns/content filtering/plex) -> my wi-fi (my ssid)

Many thanks, 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is there a Deco model who can do wi-fi as wan -Solution
2021-05-01 19:37:10 - last edited 2021-05-06 12:12:27

@evilpouliche 

You can't do that with Deco alone. I had similar conversation with someone, the solution was to get WiFi Range Extender with gigabit Ethernet port. TP-Link offers good WiFi range extenders, but it does not have to be one from TP-Link.

Connect that range extender to WiFi WAN, and use its Ethernet port to connect WiFi router to it. That router could be from TP-Link, could be Deco, but does not have to. If your place is not too large, perhaps good WiFi6 router would make more sense than WiFi mesh. 

Your setup will look like this:

Start with getting just WiFi Range Extender to check if you can connect it to WiFi WAN. Some such WiFi networks do not allow range extenders, not surprisingly. If yours does, the rest is easy.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Is there a Deco model who can do wi-fi as wan -Solution
2021-05-01 19:37:10 - last edited 2021-05-06 12:12:27

@evilpouliche 

You can't do that with Deco alone. I had similar conversation with someone, the solution was to get WiFi Range Extender with gigabit Ethernet port. TP-Link offers good WiFi range extenders, but it does not have to be one from TP-Link.

Connect that range extender to WiFi WAN, and use its Ethernet port to connect WiFi router to it. That router could be from TP-Link, could be Deco, but does not have to. If your place is not too large, perhaps good WiFi6 router would make more sense than WiFi mesh. 

Your setup will look like this:

Start with getting just WiFi Range Extender to check if you can connect it to WiFi WAN. Some such WiFi networks do not allow range extenders, not surprisingly. If yours does, the rest is easy.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Is there a Deco model who can do wi-fi as wan
2021-05-01 21:47:38

@Alexandre. Thanks! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 704

Replies: 2

Related Articles