TL-WA830RE multicast?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA830RE multicast?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WA830RE multicast?
TL-WA830RE multicast?
2013-03-02 08:13:57
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : MEO

Hi,

I just bought a TL-WA830RE for extending the range of my home network but I'm having some problems.

My internet & TV provider MEO (ADSL) in Portugal uses Set Top boxes that require muticast for streaming the TV signal trough the network.

When I connect the range extender to the router provided by the provider (a Thompson TG784) all is well with the internet signal on all devices but the ST box freezes the TV for 10 sec with 3 min intervals. It is a known syntom with range extenders and also other devices that use/propagate multicast on the local network
with this provider. Until now the only solution is to disable the multicast protocol on these devices.

Is there a way to disable it on TL-WA830RE??? It is a fine range extender and I don't want to return it to the seller because it fails the job...

Thank you in advance for any reply.

JCL
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 0

Related Articles