Deco M5 - Wifi Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - Wifi Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 - Wifi Problem
Deco M5 - Wifi Problem
2021-05-03 19:01:31 - last edited 2021-05-03 20:57:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there.

First of all i put hardware V1 cause i cannot find my hardware version.

I've just bought and set up a three pack Deco M5 home mesh wifi system for my three floor house.  I've got one Deco M5 on each floor. 

On the first floor there is the main deco which is connected to the rooter (in the kitchen), which runs smoothly. The problem is with the deco on the second floor which has very weak signal and frequently looses connectivity (It connects with the deco on the first floor).

The same with the deco on the third floor. 

I have also tried to use 2 decos on the second floor or change their posotion but again the wifi signal is very weak (?due to thick walls?).

What options do i have to get all three floors with good wifi?

Thanking you in advance.

Weak signal (green dot)

Loss of connection (red dot)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Wifi Problem
2021-05-04 12:22:52

@Panayiotis91 

This is really bad signal quality. For Satellite Deco M5 to perform well, you should have something like this:

Can you clarify: second floor Deco, did you position it just above first floor Deco, or is it located somewhere else on the second floor? In your house, what are floors made of: concrete, wood?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 690

Replies: 1

Related Articles