Connectivity issues with TP-Link RE205

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-05 17:49:50
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20201128 Rel. 39836

Hello everyone,

Am looking for some help with RE205. Am staying at a hotel room where:

Hotel Router <----- maximum 13Mbps wifi connection and maximum 1.5Mbps of internet speed -----> To my laptop wifi

This is an issue as the hotel provides faster internet. So I bought the RE205. The way I have configured it is as follows:

Day 1:

Hotel Router <----- 2.4 GHz -----> RE205 <----- Repeater network only on 5GHz -----> To my laptop wifi

This worked great the first day but had some trouble connecting other devices. I didnt pay much attention then.

Day 2:

Had a bunch of issues regarding connectivity. So I upgraded the firmware to the latest version: 1.0.3 Build 20201128 Rel. 39836

No internet post that. It always shows yellow exclaimation mark on Internet icon while router signal strength is good. 

#### No Internet on RE205

Hotel Router <----- 2.4 GHz -----> RE205 <----- Repeater network only on 5GHz -----> To my laptop wifi <---- Gateway IP automatically set to RE205's IP

#### Internet works when connected directly but really slow

Hotel Router <----- 2.4 GHz -----> To my laptop wifi

#### Internet works on RE205 

Hotel Router <----- 2.4 GHz -----> RE205 <----- Repeater network only on 5GHz -----> To my laptop wifi  <---- Manually setting Gateway IP to Hotels Router's IP

But it doesn't end there. Now when I connect my tablet, it'll either take really long time to connect to RE205 else if connected immediately then internet won't work. After messing around with the admin interface I managed to set correct settings for Gateway IP. 

Now when I connect my laptop and the tablet to RE205, both of them receive the correct settings automatically but the internet only works on one device. Like right now am connected to RE205 via laptop but unable to ping Gateway IP, so no internet (will off course be posting this by connecting to Hotels wifi). But there is internet on the tablet. 

Day 3-4:

On and off there are similar issues, either it'll take a while to connect to wifi then internet may or may not work while it might work just fine on the other devices. Rarely on both at the same time. 

I have tried, resetting it. Factory reset from admin interface. Forgetting wifi network on laptop/tablet. But nothing has helped so far. Any clues to improving the wifi situation?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 436

Replies: 0

Related Articles