Deco E4 - network drop in Desktop Computer (TL-WN781ND, Wireless Adapter)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-05 20:29:02
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all, I was using an old TP link TL-WR840N dual antenna router and my desktop was running fine. To improve the router i shifted to Deco E4. After installing the new Deco my desktop connected in the 2.4GHz band but connection was not stable and started dropping off network seamlessly. Then I connected my old router (TL-WR840N) as a secondary router using dynamic IP and kept the Deco as primary. Connected my desktop (TL-WN781ND, Wireless Adapter) to my old router and still the same issue persisted. Then i made my old router as primary and Deco as secondary - My desktop works just fine with my old router. In between - my other dual band supported devices worked just fine with Deco. How to resolve this issue? need help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4 - network drop in Desktop Computer (TL-WN781ND, Wireless Adapter)
2021-05-05 21:10:19

@tahseenomar90 

TL-WN781ND Wireless Adapter is quite old. It is possible it does not understand (does not handle well) dual band and/or mesh technologies.

I would suggest, as a first step, to again remove old WiFi router and keep just Deco. With two routers in play, troubleshooting gets too confusing.

Then, to improve your desktop WiFi connectivity, try the following two things:

1. Enable Guest network in Deco app, configure it as 2.4GHz only, make desktop Forget Main network SSID and connect desktop to Guest network SSID.

2. When you see desktop in the list of Active devices in Deco app, disable (toggle off) MESH for it.

This should work, but if it does not - consider buying replacement WiFi adapter for desktop. You'll need to look for one that was released less than 5 years ago, supports dual-band with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Skip WiFi6 capable WiFi adapters, your Deco doesn't support WiFi6.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 1

Related Articles