TL-WA901N - Range Extender Mode doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-07 08:36:50
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 200703 Rel.33357n (4555)

Hi @ all,

i bought this device so that I have wifi in my basement/office.

My router is on the first floor - so i have no great signal down here. However I have a patchbay and have the opportunity for a lan connection.

At first I tried the Access Point Mode and it worked flawlessly - but it was quite inconvenient to always change the SSID.

I resettet the device to configure the range extender mode via quick setup. After the initial setup and the initial mandatory reboot the signal strength was as weak as before. I am standing in the same room as the TL-WA901 - in the access point mode the signal was however very strong. The Local Wireless AP LAN is also very strong.

So I actually have no idea where the problem is. The way I understand the Range Extender Mode is that it uses the configuration from the Base Router (which is connected to the Internet) and extends the original Wifi Signal from the Base Router. 

I only have one subnet where everything is. I am able to ping the Access Point from the Base Router and vice versa - also from the clients.

It seems that my iphone for example still connects to the base router wifi. I don't know if I don't understand the functionality that this device delivers or if I have something wrong in my configuration.

Hopefully its not as confusing as i think it is.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 0