Archer AX50 - create exception or whitelist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-08 07:17:36
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX50(US)_V1_200708

Hi

I wanted to ask how to exclude a website/domain from being blocked. There is no option on the GUI to unblock a certain website/domain. Please advise. Thanks.

File:
AX50 - blocked due to proxy avoidance.pngDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 - create exception or whitelist
2021-05-08 08:49:00

@borgph 

I have the same AX50 router as yours and you'll have to disable/turn off the malicious content filter of the AX50 for you to access that site you wanted. And just setup your own blocklist thru the Parental Control feature of the AX50.

You may have to use a PC/Mac to access the UI of the AX50 to make configuring the AX50 a bit easier. The Tether APP might have limited options.

The AX50 relies on the HomeCare or TrendMicro for the default block list of sites, and there's no way of adding a whitelist.

Cheers.

Options
2021-06-09 03:35:07
Hi. Thank you. Hope TP-Link soon adds an option to "whitelist" certain domain/website
Options
2021-09-08 11:35:21
@chiboman There are certain legitimate websites that are being flagged as Phishing so this is inconvenient on the user side. You need to disable the antivirus feature in order to access the legitimate website. Since the Antivirus feature is built-in, then there should be an option to allow whitelist, or at least the antivirus team should actually try the app/website to confirm if the flag should be updated as a legitimate website.
Options
2021-11-07 14:40:56

Has there been any update in how to whitelist on the GUI yet? Very poor if this is not already a feature as it means I am paying for Home  Sheild and not getting a very basic function. I have a legitimate website being blocked every minute and don't see why we need to switch off Real Time protection to get around 1 site being blocked. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1058

Replies: 4

Related Articles