Incorrect password for device on tethering app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-17 12:14:47

Hi all,

I have just bought a TP-Link RE505X range extender and am now looking set it up.

I downloaded the app, created an account and the app is showing the extender under "devices".

When I click on it to start the set-up process it asks me for the username and password for the login account I created to manage this device.

Can someone tell me which username and password this is?

I tried admin/admin ( after resetting the extender) and my TP-Link username and password, but neither work?

I also tried my virgin media hub 3 login, but that's not the one either.

I am slightly confused with regards to what login details I need to enter to access the extender.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Claudio

Options
1 Reply
Re:Incorrect password for device on tethering app
2021-05-19 01:34:19

@SoundFilmStudio Good day, 

May I know did you try factory reset you range extender: 
Reset: whilst this device is powered on press and hold the reset button for more than 5 seconds until most Leds flash once.

After that please connect to default SSID of range extender and open Tether app, it should let you create new login password.

If still the same problem, please try to login Web page and see if you could login range extender:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1398/ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 1

Related Articles