Archer c5400: 5GHz-1 not working properly (suddenly saying wrong password/No Internet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c5400: 5GHz-1 not working properly (suddenly saying wrong password/No Internet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 19:46:08 - last edited 2021-05-21 21:59:26
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20210308 Rel.64655 (4555)

Hello,

This is the second time it happens: My 5GHz-1 channel becomes suddenly unresponsive and my devices say "Wrong password". If I try removing the password, they say "No Internet Connection".

Everything's working fine with the 2.4GHz or 5GHz-2 bands.

1. The password is right.

2. Rebooting does nothing.

3. I've updated to the latest available Firmware but nothing changed.

4. The first time, the only "fix" was to do a factory reset of the router. But this time, even with all the settings reset and the default password, devices still say "Wrong password" and 5GHz-1 simply doesn't work anymore.

Could it be a faulty router? I bought it second hand in a Cash Converter shop. How can I have the router looked at by TP-Link and, if needed, replaced?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c5400: 5GHz-1 not working properly (suddenly saying wrong password/No Internet)
2021-12-04 06:37:05

@bidou So I bought my router new from Amazon the primary outlet for TP-Link and it worked great since March.  Then this past month in October my 5G 1 band started being flaky and then about a week ago it just stopped working all together.  I can connect to it but it keeps saying no internet.  So since my router was under warranty I contacted TP-Link and they ended up sending me another router.  When I opened the replacement I noticed it was a refurbished router but fine, I figure it was tested and repaired.  I hooked it up tonight and lo and behold 5G 1 is still having a similar problem.  It's still sort of connecting to the internet so not completely failing yet like my old router.  So now I'm thinking I'm going to send my old router back tomorrow as planned.  Contact TP-Link again and ask them for yet another RMA replacement to replace this faulty router they sent me. Since it's having the same issue I really wonder if this is some firmware glitch that jacked the 5G1 band on these routers.  Seems really stranged to me that they would exhibit the same symptoms.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 1

Related Articles