Can't login to Archer C5 v4 AC1200 after factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-23 15:51:05
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi, my internet provider gave me with my installation a AC1200 Archer C5 v4, now after a few days I decided to change the SSID so i tried to enter the router and since I didn't know the pass the router prompted me to factory reset... and I did, but it didn't fully work, I mean, it now shows the default 2.4 and 5g networks, but on the router ip (192.168.5.1 - I don't understand why it doesn't reset to 192.168.0.1 o -.-.1.1) and on the tplinkwifi.net it still ask me for password instead of asking for a new one to set up. I have repeated this process a ton of times and I don't know what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't login to Archer C5 v4 AC1200 after factory reset
2021-05-24 09:12:14

@Moonrart 

Use this procedure (method 1) to hard reset the device.

If no change in the device behavior then most probably your router has a customized FW tailored for your ISP.

Contact your ISP and ask them what should you do to re-configure the device with a new wireless SSID.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1175

Replies: 1