All EAPs have changed passwords

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-24 13:37:21
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.1

I have a controller on v4.2.11 with 4 eap access points on it and all 4 would adopt this morning. Digging deeper it appears they have all randomly changed passwords and will no longer adopt...

I tried manually entering the passwords to adopt them and no luck. The web UIs are all pulling up now and the passwords won't work there either.... I have tried the default credentials as well.

Any idea what the heck is going on? I know for a fact the UN/PW I'm entering in is correct. Not only was it saved on my browser but there is a 5th device (pharros bridge) in the mix and I set all the UN/PW to the same thing. The correct credentials work fine on it. It's only the EAPs that were adopted into the controller that have magically changed... I'm sure I could factory reset them and readopt but this is a bit concerning. 

Any ideas? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:All EAPs have changed passwords
2021-05-24 13:47:25

@SMwireless 

When you adopt a device into the controller for management it removes the old user acccount, you have no access to the new "adopted" details.

If its asking you for credentials then it has a local config on the device and not a managed / controller config.    I would just reset these totally and start again as it generally good practice to only adopt device that have no local config and you said you had already configured these.

Resetting them and straight re-adopt should sort this, dont be logging into them at all.

Options
Re:All EAPs have changed passwords
2021-05-24 18:57:44

@Philbert 

Ok yes all of these were manually configured originally and then added to a controller later.

Makes some sense now I'll just try the factory reset and hopefully no more issues in the future. 

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 2

Related Articles