Problem connecting Samsung, Apple devices to 5G network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-25 10:58:39 - last edited 2021-05-27 14:53:50
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2

Problems as follows:

• Smart Connect keeps switching network for Samsung device, disabled it 

• Separately named SSIDs for 2G and 5G network 

• Vivo device was able to connect to 5G network without any issue 

• Samsung A30 and iPhone X gave two different errors: Samsung - couldn't obtain IP address, Apple - No internet 

• Tried to make IP static for Samsung, device connected to router but gave same error as Apple's, No internet 

Purchased 2 days ago...

Also I have this WiFi adapter for my desktop Tp-link Tl-wn725n Wi-fi Receiver 150 Mbps Wireless Nano Usb Adapter 

I know it's 2G but it is very slow, like I get 46-50Mbps on my smartphones but 0-12Mbps on desktop, please provide suggestions. Thank you!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Problem connecting Samsung, Apple devices to 5G network-Solution
2021-05-27 14:31:35 - last edited 2021-05-27 14:53:50

@zyniac 

Ignore "Sharing Network" , that's FW dependent.

Try setting Channel to Auto, disable airtime fairness feature and enable MU-MIMO feature. Then test again.

Do you use any special feature like access control or IP MAC Binding on the router ? If you do, disable them and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-27 14:56:16 - last edited 2021-05-28 08:58:55

@terziyski 

Thank you for your help!

It was Access Control, the MAC address of my device had changed so it wasn't able to identify and therefore denied access. So I guess I'll have to register both MAC addresses and work accordingly.

Thank you once again!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Problem connecting Samsung, Apple devices to 5G network
2021-05-27 13:23:54 - last edited 2021-05-27 13:32:57

@zyniac 

Try these wireless settings:

Then reboot the router so the wireless devices can re-connect and test if that will resolve the issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-05-27 13:41:08

@terziyski 

Thank you for your response!

Our settings are pretty much the same except I can't find "Sharing Network" next to "Enable Wireless Radio".

Here is a shot:

Note: Network works perfectly on Vivo but has issues on Samsung A30 and iPhone X

Thanks once again! 

Options
2021-05-27 14:31:35 - last edited 2021-05-27 14:53:50

@zyniac 

Ignore "Sharing Network" , that's FW dependent.

Try setting Channel to Auto, disable airtime fairness feature and enable MU-MIMO feature. Then test again.

Do you use any special feature like access control or IP MAC Binding on the router ? If you do, disable them and test again.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-27 14:56:16 - last edited 2021-05-28 08:58:55

@terziyski 

Thank you for your help!

It was Access Control, the MAC address of my device had changed so it wasn't able to identify and therefore denied access. So I guess I'll have to register both MAC addresses and work accordingly.

Thank you once again!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-27 15:29:37

@zyniac 

Keep in mind that if your phone MAC addresses are randomized that will happen again.

You can read more on that here - https://blog.elevensoftware.com/how-mac-address-randomization-can-affect-the-wifi-experience

If you want to use access control feature then better use your phone MAC instead.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 5

Related Articles