EAPs on the same 2.4Ghz channel - OC200 managed - High Tx Errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-01 17:27:22
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.2

Hi,

I have 5 EAP devices configured and managed by a OC200 controller.  The wireless is working but I am seeing a lot of transmit errors in the logs and some application time-outs.  I've noticed that two of the APs that are closest to each other (approx 20 meters) are both using Channel 1, likewise the others, EAP225 Outdoor, are also sharing channels.  Would this cause an issue?  I am not seeing any dropped packets though.  Full-Sector DFS is enabled.

Tx Errors

Any help gratefully received.

Rob

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAPs on the same 2.4Ghz channel - OC200 managed - High Tx Errors
2021-06-01 22:36:47

@Rob_CTL 

It shouldnt really if honest, however I have been known to over-ride (manually set) APs to specific channels on occasion.

However, errors on 2.4 are nothing to be concerned about, this will happen!    2.4ghz is now a completely saturated spectrum and therefore everything will cause packet loss / errors.     I have 3x APs all on separate channels and also get packet loss

basically as long as its not destroying your experience, its perfectly normal.  Check this stat below on your mainpage, if its below 30% then you are generally OK

Options
Re:EAPs on the same 2.4Ghz channel - OC200 managed - High Tx Errors
2021-06-02 07:28:51

@Philbert thanks for the reply.  I had a bit of designing session last night and manually moved the channels so adjacent APs had different channels.  It will be interesting to see if that has an effect on the overall error rate.  I guess the key is i am no seeing dropped packets so its just latency that will be affected by the congestion.

Cheers

Rob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 2

Related Articles