Bandwidth Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bandwidth Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bandwidth Management
Bandwidth Management
2021-06-03 20:12:54
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 20210125

Hey, I just bought an Archer C7 v5 (US) and I am having issues with wireless stability, my 5Ghz speed is unstable and it sometimes goes to 300Mbps which is my plan however after some time it automatically decreases to 100Mbps or below

I have to factory reset the router everytime this issue occurs and its been occuring twice or thrice within a day.

Also I needed a router with bandwidth management which seems to be not possible in this model so if you can recommend another model and I can ask my retailer for an exchange.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Management
2021-06-04 07:14:02

@Lulzw0lf 

Try these wireless settings regarding the issue:

Nowadays 'bandwidth control' is implemented in entry level routers like TL-WR841N, Archer C20, Archer A5.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-04 07:18:07

@terziyski thanks for the reply. 

I have tried almost every setting and have also tried the setting mention in your screenshot and its still automatically slows the wireless network even when only one device is connected to 5 Ghz and I am getting constant 300 Mbps on LAN, thought the issue was with the device I got so already asked for a replacement and having same issues with the replacement device.

terziyski wrote

@Lulzw0lf 

Try these wireless settings regarding the issue:

Nowadays 'bandwidth control' is implemented in entry level routers like TL-WR841N, Archer C20, Archer A5.

Options
2021-06-04 07:28:39 - last edited 2021-06-08 03:56:11

@Lulzw0lf 

Have you tried to test with another computer ? Test with another client device to eliminate the possibility of a client device issue.

The possibility of bumping on 2 faulty devices in a row is very small.

Also it might be a good idea to do a scan with Wi-Fi Analyzer app and see the level of wireless interference around you, choose a less crowded 5GHz channel if needed.

Then make the test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-04 07:34:26

terziyski wrote

@Lulzw0lf 

Have you tried to test with another computer ? Test with another client device to eliminate the possibility of a client device issue.

The possibility of bumping on 2 faulty devices in a row is very small.

@terziyski

I have tried the wireless issue with: Acer Aspire series with debian installed and 3 android devices; all have supported hardware and drivers for 5GHz. Still not able to get complete 300Mbps over wireless network. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 4

Related Articles