One DECO on the network really unstable/slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 09:40:34
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54794

Hi all, 

Until today my DECO devices has been running flawless and with super speed. Suddenly one of the DECO's is starting to perform really unstable. Sometimes I loose connection to it, or speed drops significantly. I have tried to reboot it, and resetting it. No change. I have tried to reboot the complete network. 

It's not my main DECO. The DECO that is directly connected to the ISP, is running smoothly. Really high WIFI speed from this unit. But this other unit is really not performing any longer. It is located 8-9 meters away from the main unit. No wall or anything in between.

I have already tried this : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/254396 but with no changes in performance. 

Hope that someone can guide me in the right direction!

Best regards

Palle 

Options
1 Reply
Re:One DECO on the network really unstable/slow
2021-06-07 21:13:53

@MrCologne 

Found the reason. My "Office" DECO were the one becomming really unstable. Normally the "Office" DECO connects to the "Kitchen" DECO because it is closest. In a straight unubstructed line. But for some reason the "Office" DECO decided to connect to "1'st floor" DECO. In a distant corner of the house on 1'st floor.

I powered of the "1'st floor" DECO. That made "Office" DECO connect to "Kitchen" DECO again.

Strange. Any way to force on DECO to connect to a certain other DECO?

Palle

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles