Tools for helping configuring Wi-Fi overlap for roaming - anything OOB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 16:00:50
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anything in the Omada tool box that would help with configuring AP overlap when configuring roaming.  I normally aim for around 20% overlap and I do this by walking around with a laptop with Inssider wi-fi scanning software.  It works but it would be great if you could get details from the APs themselves showing how loud a near by AP might be, it would make configuring a lot more acurate and changes could be done via Omada Cloud rather than having to go on site.

Thanks

Rob

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tools for helping configuring Wi-Fi overlap for roaming - anything OOB
2021-06-08 00:16:27

@Rob_CTL If you click on the device in the controller, and click on the tools tab, there is an RF scanner.  Is that what you are looking for? 

Options
Re:Tools for helping configuring Wi-Fi overlap for roaming - anything OOB
2021-06-08 09:08:55

@mackworth thanks for the reply.  Sadly the RF scanner doesn't do what I require, what I'd like is to be able to see what the AP can hear, probably similar to the rouge AP detector but instead of looking for rouge APs it looks for the other APs in it's mesh and lets me know what their signal strength is, from that information it would make configuring the power output of the AP and channels a lot easier.

Cheers

Rob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 971

Replies: 2

Related Articles