Bridge mode for TL-WR841N when working with Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-08 08:33:18

Hi All,

I'm contemplating getting the Deco M4 Mesh system and currently have a TL-WR841N modem/router combo as all in one router/wifi ap.

The FAQs for the Deco M4 mesh recommend putting the modem/router combo into Bridge mode when connecting to the main M4 node. However I'm struggling to see a "Bridge Mode" option in the UI for the TL-WR841N so is this really just a combination of configuration changes i.e disable DHCP + plus other changes?

Many thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bridge mode for TL-WR841N when working with Deco M4
2021-06-08 11:59:36 - last edited 2021-06-08 12:34:18

@AndyResp 

Are you sure this is the right model? According to TP-Link Web site, TL-WR841N is just basic general purpose WiFi router, and its specs are a little bit outdated. It will need connection to a modem to provide your house with the Internet.

It would make sense to retire TL-WR841N, make Deco M4 router for your home (which is its default mode) and connect Main Deco M4 (the first you'll configure) to where TL-WR841N is now connected with its WAN (blue color) port. 

This is your TL-WR841N, right?

Options