Devices connect on Router instead of Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 12:40:44
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

I have recently installed a RE505X and an Archer X20v1.2 fw 1.3.0 in a replacement of 10yrs Netgears expecting WiFi6+OneMesh will improve my connection. The router and extender are split by 15 meters and 4 solid terracota brick walls. They they were connect using fixed channels 4(2.4GHz) and 44(5GHz) forming the OneMesh config.

I have 10 devices connected to this mesh, two of them (5m far from extender, all in the same floor) must connect to the extender to have a sufficient bandwidth for Teams and radio streaming. The problem that I detected is that an Android device (OnePlus 7T Android 11) sometimes connect to extender, but I can´t see my Windows 10 (Dell/IntelWiFi, fully updated) even trying to do it, but always connecting poorly on the router instead.

I expected the OneMesh devices would make a somehow roaming for the devices, arbitrating the connection, but the Mesh just make a mess in SSID because the device looks to be in charge of the connection itself.

Someone has any advice? Should I disable OneMesh and create an extended WiFi with a second SSID as I used with me old NetGears for many years? 

I just did a Network Reset on Windows 10.

Options