WAN failover on AX90 V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WAN failover on AX90 V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WAN failover on AX90 V1
WAN failover on AX90 V1
2021-06-10 13:20:15
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi there, I have just purchased the AX 90 router and although it has 2 WAN ports (2.5Gb and 1GB), i am unable to find a setting that would allow me to use both wan port with 2 separate internet connections. It is asking which port i want to use for internet. Such a feature is planned for this router? I would like to connect 2 lines and on case the primary goes down the secondary would come up.

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:WAN failover on AX90 V1
2021-06-10 16:05:22

@linuxgfx 

It would've been nice to have WAN failover implemented indeed, but In AX90 user guide:

Page 2:

" *2.5 Gbps internet speeds require compatible service plans and equipment. 2.5 Gbps and 1 Gbps ports cannot be concurrently configured as WAN ports."

Page 5:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:WAN failover on AX90 V1
2021-06-10 16:07:52

@terziyski 

Thank you very much for clarifying. It's a shame and maybe a missed opportunity here. Competitors like Asus are doing it. I hope they will reconsider it and add it in a further firmware update. Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 2

Related Articles