Deco m5 ver 1.5.3 can't assign ip

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-11 08:12:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi, using 3 decos, firmware 1.5.3, in access mode. All 3 are connected directly to my router, via Ethernet cable. I keep getting disconnected devices, and when looking in the deco app, i see that they don't get ip.

Any advice or help, before i through the 3 to the recycle bin.

Are the devices supposed to get the ip from the router or the deco?

Helppp

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco m5 ver 1.5.3 can't assign ip
2021-06-11 13:01:38 - last edited 2021-06-11 13:36:17

@AsafDagan 

When Deco mesh runs in Access Point mode, it is router that manages the network and provides IP addresses to devices. Many modern routers can report list of devices they see and IP addresses these devices are given. Check what your router reports.

There is just one exception: Deco mesh, even in AP mode, has blacklist. Devices placed there will be denied IP address. That blacklist is managed by Deco and not by the router. You can find it in Deco app, under More/Blacklist. 

Options
2021-06-11 16:08:21
Thanks, the blacklist is not the reason, its empty Any other ideas?
Options
2021-06-11 16:17:53

@AsafDagan 

Check these (or similarly named) parameters in your router:

DHCP Lease Time

DHCP Start IP

DHCP End IP

and how many Connected Devices, i.e., those that router sees and assigned IP addresses to, are reported by the router.

Your router might be running out of IP addresses to allocate, if you have mobile devices that disconnect and reconnect often, have unique MAC address generated for each reconnection, and DHCP Lease Time is too long and/or IP range is too short.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 3

Related Articles