Experience sharing : solving 160Mhz channel width and Smart Connect - Archer AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Experience sharing : solving 160Mhz channel width and Smart Connect - Archer AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-14 10:04:15
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX50(EU)_V1_200708

Hello all,

This a post that could either help people who would like to get 160Mhz channel width in 5Ghz band using Smart Connect.

The problem : 

- Using the web router interface and activating Smart Connect was always giving me 80Mhz width.

I did several tests.

The solution  ?

I set up manually a 160Mhz width, disabled Smart Connect from the Web Interface and saved settings.

Then, using the Tether Android application, I reactivated the Smart Connect functionality and guess what : the width kept the 160Mhz value and gave the awaited 2268Mpbs max speed.

If someone else could confirm that it's behave the same on his/her router, it could optimize connectivity for a lot of people, while waiting for bugs solving firmware.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1418

Replies: 0

Related Articles