TL-WR1043ND keeps dropping network connections/refuses connections after time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-04 22:37:30
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n

ISP : Bell

Hi,

I'm having to reboot what is now my 2nd router every 1-2 days in order for all connections to resume working. My 2nd router was working great since Saturday afternoon, and just now I needed to reboot in order for my laptop to connect to the network.

Now that it seems pretty clear the router in general isn't faulty, I suspected that the issue was IP lease related, so I was looking at DHCP settings and changed the lease time to 2880 (max setting), from 120 (default). However, this should only prolong how often i'll need to reboot the router. So, what is it that's causing my devices to disconnect or not being able to connect to the router for a prolonged period of time?

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR1043ND keeps dropping network connections/refuses connections after time.
2013-03-05 03:03:22
see:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?1608-Beta-firmware-Solved-TL-WR1043ND-hang-up-with-high-bandwith-and-WEB-interface-dies&region=china
No response from TP-link so far
TP-LINK = Poncio Pilatus

I have two WR1043ND.
I installed in one, gargoyle firmware 1.5.9 and works perfectly so far (17 days), never been hung.
At the other,i have tried several officers firmware and beta
None works fine, crashes every day.
Options
Re:TL-WR1043ND keeps dropping network connections/refuses connections after time.
2013-03-06 04:21:24
Thanks, I gave that a shot... we'll see if it stays up, but the upgrade went well.

I'm pretty foreign to making changes like that, so I was pretty hesitant to do so.. but like I said, it went smoothly.
Options
2013-03-11 23:01:10
I've had a week of uptime.. Which, was unheard of previously. Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1255

Replies: 3

Related Articles