Cannot connect Canon MG3600 series printer to new x2 Deco P9 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 21:08:11
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I am unable to connect my Canon MG3600 series to my new P9 setup. I've followed the steps that worked when using just the basic Sky Broadband router but the printer is not found after selecting my new SSID. I've tried resetting the printer to factory settings but no change. I have also tried the connection steps once i've turned off the 5ghz network but still no luck.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect Canon MG3600 series printer to new x2 Deco P9 setup
2021-06-18 13:09:14

Through some trial and error I've been able to get the printer connected. For anyone else who has this problem I hope the below helps.

- Printer would not connect to main network with 2.4ghx and 5ghz channels turned on. Every attempt saw the printer fail to be recognized

- I enabled a guest network with just 2.4ghz but no luck trying to connect. Security setting was on the default value of WPA2-PSK only.

- I updated the guest network to have no security (still 2.4ghz only) to test if the problem was related to that. This time the printer did connect and was recognized. I quickly turned the security back on obviously after the test.

- Then, on the guest network still with only 2.4ghz, I changed security to WPA2-PSK and WPA-PSK setting. The printer went through the connection process and this time asked for the wifi password to be input (1st time seeing this) in the Canon PRINT app. The printer eventually was recognized and I've been able to print what I needed at last.

Hope this helps anyone who has the same issue in future!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1001

Replies: 1

Related Articles