Archer C1200 default username(admin) and password (admin) doesnt not work after reseting the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C1200 default username(admin) and password (admin) doesnt not work after reseting the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 13:18:22 - last edited 2021-06-18 13:21:20
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C1200(EU) V1 TM Unifi Wireless Router (Latest 16-5-2018)

Model: Archer C1200 (from TM unifi)

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: Archer C1200(EU) V1 TM Unifi Wireless Router (Latest 16-5-2018)

Downloaded the firmware from https://www.tp-link.com/my/support/download/archer-c1200/v1/#Firmware

Update on: 12 June 2021

Internet Service Provider: TM unifi

I reset the router by holding the reset button for 5 to 6 sec then the power indicator starts blinking (green)

I reset the router by holding the reset button for 10 sec then all the LED turn off except for the WPS indicator (green)

the username and password I tried are (XXXX is the last four digit of the mac address)

username: admin, Admin, tmadmin, TMadmin, Tmadmin

password: admin, Admin, tmadmin, TMadmin, Tmadmin, tmadmin@(XXXX), admin@(XXXX), TMadmin@(XXXX), Adm@(XXXX)

all the possible combinations were tried on the 5 to 6 sec reset attempt and 10 sec reset attempt.

contacted internet service provider and tp-link technical support Malaysia, they weren't able to help with this problem.

what I observed after all the reset attempt

1. The SSID did not get reset, I connect my pc to the router through cable and the name of the connection is still my previous WiFi name

2. The wireless signal is not available on my pc or laptop or mobile phone even though the 2.4G and 5G indicator is green

Options
4 Reply
Re: Archer C1200 default username(admin) and password (admin) doesnt not work after reseting the router
2021-06-18 15:34:00

@ji.q 

Follow the procedure to hard reset (method 1) the device - the reset button should be hold for more than 10 sec.

Obviously you device FW is tailored for your ISP. It's quite possible that the default credentials are not admin/admin and you should contact your ISP to provide them for you.

Normally on the bottom of the device there should be a sticker pointing the default device credentials, default SSIDs and the default wireless password  - check if this is so and test.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re: Archer C1200 default username(admin) and password (admin) doesnt not work after reseting the router
2021-06-18 16:12:28 - last edited 2021-06-18 16:15:10

@terziyski

I have contacted my internet service provider, the username and password they provide are already part of the combination I tried. the thing is there is no wireless signal, there is not any wifi available with the default SSID name nor there is a wireless signal with the wifi name I set to before the reset. but when I connect my pc to the router the network name is the wifi name i set before resetting the router. and the 10s hard reset, i have tried holding it longer than 10s. the outcome is still all led indicator is off only the wps led is green, but is not flashing.

Options
2021-06-18 16:23:48 - last edited 2021-06-18 17:14:04

@ji.q 

Well, the other thing that may have happened is that the FW update didn't go well. Do you remember any strange behavior during the update, any errors ?

If you followed the hard reset procedure properly and the router is still unresponsive, then nothing you can do, except looking for help from your local TP-Link support or your ISP.

There's also TFTP recovery procedure you can try if nothing else helps.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-18 16:36:49

@terziyski 

there is no strange behaviour during or after the update, then I decided to change to a new router. so I wanted to reset this router and use it for other purpose, but then this happen :/. alrite i will look into the method u mention.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11659

Replies: 4

Related Articles