AC1200 SetUp Confusion - unplug from router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-23 15:22:30 - last edited 2021-06-23 15:43:13

Hey all

Just installed a AC1200 outdoor access point, using the (poor) instructions with the box. Must say, first off, way more complicated than the Wavlink model it's replacing!

Anyway, unboxed, plugged in to power and the router, set it up, gave it a new SSID and password, logged in to the Portal and all good.  I can connect to the SSID from my phone over a good range of my house and gardens, Brilliant.

However, when the AC1200 is unplugged from the router to move to it's new setting in the garden shed (and then plugged in to the power), although I can still see the SSID on my phone and the green light shows on the device, it will not connect - I keep getting the "Acquiring IP Address" error message, before my phone reverts to the usual home SSID.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1200 SetUp Confusion - unplug from router?
2021-07-01 07:24:30

@gearlessginger Anyone got any thoughts on this question?

Options
Re:AC1200 SetUp Confusion - unplug from router?
2021-07-01 20:46:49

@gearlessginger 

What's your device model, RE3XX series ?

If you have configured the device in Access Point mode then disconnecting it and placing it in another location, would lead to "Acquiring IP Address" message.

If you have configured the device in Range Extender mode and it's outside the wireless coverage of the main router, it's quite possible to see the "Acquiring IP Address" message.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 2

Related Articles