AX11000 router, updated firmware, now intermittent "connected but no internet access"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX11000 router, updated firmware, now intermittent "connected but no internet access"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-25 17:32:27 - last edited 2021-06-25 17:33:54
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20210511 rel.77051(5553)

I recently updated to the latest firmware (1.2.1 Build 20210511 rel.77051(5553) )

Now my mobile phone Samsung Note 10 will loose wifi access. Been doing it for the last 2 days (since i did firmware upgrade on ax11000). Probably 5 times a day it's happening. Short term resolution is to turn off wifi on my phone, turn back on. 

Steps i've tried:

-Set static ip address for phone, didn't work
-Increased lease time on router, didn't work
-Network reset my phone, didn't work
-Power cycled phone, didn't work
-address reservation on router to my phones ip, didn't work
-ensured time and date was automatically updated on my phone

I don't think any other devices have had this same issue that i know of anyway yet, i have lots of wifi connected smarthome things and they are still all working but my mobile phone is the only thing affected so far. Never had this problem until the firmware upgrade. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX11000 router, updated firmware, now intermittent "connected but no internet access"
2021-06-25 19:22:28

@ShawnA I am having the same issues. My phone (iPhone 12 Pro) keeps intermittently losing its connectivity and I have to toggle WiFi to fix it which only helps for a short period of time. I also noticed that I could no longer print to my wireless printer (HP M255dw) but I was able to make that work for now by forcing it to use 2.4GHz instead of dual band. Even if I selected 5GHz only it wouldn't connect or work.

On the AX11000 web interface when I look at the clients list I am seeing the list regularly go from 22 to 6 clients, with only those 6 consistent clients showing a Duration of more than 0 or 1 minutes. It seems like things are constantly having to reconnect.

This is a very problematic firmware so far. Although I can't try this right now, tomorrow I will probably attempt to factory reset the router and manually reconfigure it from scratch to see if that helps.

One thing I did change this morning is I noticed the option for WPA2/WPA3-Personal in the WiFi config so I changed to that instead of the previous WPA/WPA2-Personal option. However, my printer issues were happening yesterday before I made the change. I will see if changing that back helps my phone situation or not. Unfortunately I can't mess with things at the moment to experiment.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 285

Replies: 1

Related Articles