Deco M5 Ethernet Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Ethernet Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Ethernet Ports
Deco M5 Ethernet Ports
2021-06-25 21:59:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have recently set up my 3 Deco M5s with the following:

ISP router in Modem Only mode ---- Main Deco --- 2 remaining Decos

In the rooms where I have my 2nd and 3rd Decos I want to be able to wire in a couple of devices and a switch, but for some reason these devices aren't connecting and cannot be accessed,

My PC is wired directly in to my main Deco and has internet access, but the devices wired elsewhere don't

I initially tried wiring in my Raspberry Pi with Pihole to the main deco but that wasn't showing as being connected either.

Am I missing something in the config?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Ethernet Ports
2021-06-26 12:23:06 - last edited 2021-06-26 19:21:39

Mitch_s_s wrote

My PC is wired directly in to my main Deco and has internet access, but the devices wired elsewhere don't

I initially tried wiring in my Raspberry Pi with Pihole to the main deco but that wasn't showing as being connected either.

@Mitch_s_s 

If you can figure why wired PC is getting IP address from Main Deco, but wired Raspberry Pi with Pihole can't - you may be able to fix all your home network issues. Obviously, unless you accidentally blacklisted Raspberry Pi in Deco, they both should get connected - unless Raspberry config prevents it (static IP address, etc., etc).

Here is another test you can do: bring one of Satellite Deco to where your PC is, and wire PC to that Satellite Deco. If that works, it'll tell you that Satellite Deco Ethernet port is OK, but there could be something wrong with configuration on your devices that can't connect to same Deco by Ethernet cable.

If you can't figure the cause, try more drastic method: change ISP router back to router mode and switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode. In that configuration, Deco just broadcasts WiFi signal, ISP router manages your home network. If in that setup all your devices still can't connect, that won't be because of Deco mesh configuration. If they can, write down principal config settings of ISP router, such as DHCP IP range, IP subnet mask, etc. Switch back Deco mesh to router mode and compare same settings in Deco router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 1

Related Articles