Custom DNS settings not updated on Archer C80.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 15:44:00
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 210308 Rel.60033n(5553)

Hi,

I am running into a problem while setting custom DNS (OpenDNS) on my new router (TP-link Archer C80 AC1900).

As you can see in the pic, I have set to use OpenDNS, saved it, restarted it. But the status shows DNS obtained from ISP (Railwire).

I tried using other DNS (Cloudflare, Google DNS), factory reset, firmware upgrade, and even ordered replacement from Amazon. This is my 2nd unit and running into the same problem again.

It's so frustrating cause I have a 3 year old router from same company (WR840N) which has no problem using OpenDNS. (last pic)

Help highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Custom DNS settings not updated on Archer C80.
2021-06-28 18:49:54

@drkushs 

Yes. When I click "Save" button the router reconnects and defaults to the DNS provided by the ISP.

Sadly I have requested refund on Amazon. Thanks for the help though.

Options
2021-10-30 11:25:54
I have exactly the same problem setting PiHole up as DNS server! :( What's the point of locking that mechanism behind same shady checks?! Seems I have to get a refund, too. PS: I can't even set up the same password I used on my old tplink routers. Even there are some shady checks I can't bypass!
Options
2021-10-30 13:15:58

@realsyntech 

For a PiHole set its IP address here:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 998

Replies: 3