No Internet on Range extender mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-30 13:40:58
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

Hi All,

Hoping to get some help. I am using my router as an Range Extender . I was with one ISP and the router was working 100% then j moved to anew ISP and once I connected to their AP my To link will connect but it would say No internet .

DHCP is disabled 

SSID(to bridge) is correct so is the wireless password 

I update the routers firmware

I am not very clued up with networking and I am now out of ideas on what to do or how to fix it. 

please can someone assist? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:No Internet on Range extender mode
2021-06-30 17:07:52 - last edited 2021-07-01 13:44:25

@VernonE 

It's quite possible that you can't build a successful wireless connection with your new ISP router - check this thread.

If that's the case and if cabling is possible I would suggest you to use the TL-WR940N in AP mode.

Thus you'll have more stable and faster connection to your main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-01 10:21:14

@terziyski thank tou for your response. Might IP address not be an issue perhaps? Mybe clashing with the man routers IP? 

Options
2021-07-01 13:49:17 - last edited 2021-07-01 16:14:07

@VernonE 

You can reset WR940N to factory defaults and re-configure from scratch to be sure that everything's done properly.

Use your user guide for reference. The IP address of the WR940 should be in the same subnet as the ISP router, but different.

By default Smart IP(DHCP) is used to set the LAN IP address of the WR940N (given by the ISP router's DHCP server), so there shouldn't be any IP conflict.

If you want you can configure a Static LAN IP address on WR940N to be sure that's not the case.

If that still doesn't work, then like I stated in my first post, you have no other option. but use the WR940N in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options