Unable to connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-01 04:33:47
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dears,

I bought a new router today and currently I have a cable internet connection.

I use the connection type as Pppoe and I've given my username and password along with the service name and the internet doesn't work. The exact same configuration exist on my old tp-link router and that works.

Further reading the manual, I saw that the device MAC needs to be cloned, I did that and I restarted my router however the internet light still shows orange.

Can someone kindly help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to internet
2021-07-01 21:53:27

@Mr.Dot 

Usually when ISP provides the service with PPPoE session there's no need to clone the MAC address, but it won't hurt if you did that already.

Probably there's something wrong with your credentiala for the PPPoE session - call your ISP and double check these.

Make sure all the settings from the old router have been transfered to the new one:

Are you receiving any error message when trying to connect your PPPoE session ?

You can also check the System Log for any related information:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 1

Related Articles