Repeater mode issue with ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-04 14:45:13
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have configured archer c6 as a repeater using wds option. However when my main router gets switched off then connection is not getting reestblished.. Also i am not able to access web interface in repeater mode. My ip is dynamic and hence i have not re configured the ip address portion of archer c6. Any solution please

Options
4 Reply
Re:Repeater mode issue with ip address
2021-07-05 12:04:06

@SNA 

By browsing your main router DHCP client list, you can determine what's the IP address of the Archer C6:

Login in C6 interface and set its IP address to be Static IP, so it won't change on the next C6 reboot (it would be easier to log in and re-configure if needed).

When choosing which IP address to set for C6, make sure that it's outside DHCP range of the main router, but in the same subnet - here's a reference.

For example if the main router has its DHCP range set to 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.100, then set the C6 IP address to be 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.254.

If the WDS connection is not established after rebooting the main router, then reboot the C6 as well - it should trigger WDS re-biulding.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-05 14:48:30

@terziyski Login in C6 interface and set its IP address to be Static IP, so it won't change on the next C6 reboot (it would be easier to log in and re-configure if needed).

you mean to say that I need to change the ip address of the router by clicking on LAN and changing the address or is ther any other way where i can do it.

Also after enabling WDS connection,I am not able to access the Archer C6. Do I need to reset and start from once again the below steps.

step 1: Change the ip address (192.168.1.10) of archer c6 to be with in subset of the mail router (192.168.1.1) using LAN option..

step 2: Go to system parameter, enable WDS and survey the wifi network

step 3: Disbale DHCP server and reboot.

Infact I did tried all these options, but still when my main router get switched off and switched on, i am getting the error " failed to obtain ip address". One more issue is I am not able to log in Archer C6 once WDS is enabled. 

terziyski wrote

@SNA 

By browsing your main router DHCP client list, you can determine what's the IP address of the Archer C6:

Login in C6 interface and set its IP address to be Static IP, so it won't change on the next C6 reboot (it would be easier to log in and re-configure if needed).

When choosing which IP address to set for C6, make sure that it's outside DHCP range of the main router, but in the same subnet - here's a reference.

For example if the main router has its DHCP range set to 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.100, then set the C6 IP address to be 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.254.

If the WDS connection is not established after rebooting the main router, then reboot the C6 as well - it should trigger WDS re-biulding.

I have no idea of networking, just a novice following steps provided in this community to convert my C6 to repeater. 

terziyski wrote

@SNA 

Options
2021-07-05 15:41:22

@SNA 

step 1: Change C6 ip address to Static IP 192.168.1.254 to be with in subset of the mail router (192.168.1.1) using LAN option:

step 2: Go to C6 system parameter, enable WDS and survey the wifi network

step 3: Disbale C6 DHCP server and reboot.

After rebooting you should be able to login C6 at 192.168.1.254 and you can go to Advanced > Status > Wireless to check the WDS status. When the WDS status is Run, it means WDS bridging is successfully built.

Keep in mind that depending on your main router sometimes WDS can't be built because of incompatible wireless standards:

"

In order to build a successful WDS connection between different devices, it requires that both devices usethe same wireless MAC address format.For example,Site A uses 4-address MAC Address format in passive WDS bridge mode,Site B also uses 4-address MAC Address format in active WDS bridge mode.
WDS may be incompatible between different products (even occasionally from the same vendor) since the IEEE 802.11-1999 standard does not define how to construct any such implementations or how stations interact to arrange for exchanging frames of this format.-----From Wikipedia

"

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-06 04:58:50

@terziyski 

it is showing as Assoc. But still router is not getting connected. In some devices wifi is getting connected with out interent. However for some devices it is showing " obtaining ip address". My main router is optilink ONT with wifi and is locked by the ISP provider with different pwd.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1106

Replies: 4

Related Articles