Router mode to AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router mode to AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router mode to AP mode
Router mode to AP mode
2021-07-07 19:06:06 - last edited 2021-07-08 00:42:21
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.0.1

I have just set my router up in router mode. It is wire from my modem..it has been suggested that I should run it in AP mode   is just a case off changing the modes and or  and change some things in the settings  or do I have to factory reset and start again.. Was hoping just to change the mode..

Options
7 Reply
Re:Router mode to AP mode
2021-07-07 23:19:29 - last edited 2021-07-08 00:42:21

@ukmartian 

It strongly depends on your device model - see this guide on how to do that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-08 00:55:40

@terziyski  it is a ac1200 archer c50. I know where to change the mode in the settings menu, my question is  I have already set it up and using it in router mode, I have been advised to operate it in AP mode to avoid IP conflicts with an existing router,,,if I just changed it from router mode to AP mode in the settings will that work or will I have to change other setting  ie ssid or passwords etc..thanks 

Options
2021-07-08 01:21:50 - last edited 2021-07-08 02:24:11

@ukmartian 

You've been advised that to avoid the double NAT in your network.

I believe that it will work if you just change the operating mode to AP.

If you've set some special features on the device they may not work in AP mode though.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-08 01:39:04
Thanks
Options
2021-07-08 13:03:06

Ok.tried to set up AP mode today I had to reset my ssid's passwords got back on line internet worked fine but none of my smart plugs would connect to my Alexa..tried everything checked everything that I know...ended up going back to router mode and switching my old router to modem only...everything came back..gonna get a ethernet switch and wire it back from the tp router...

Options
2021-07-08 14:00:43 - last edited 2021-07-08 14:25:17

@ukmartian 

If your smart plugs devices have been paired to the C50 wireless router, then you have to set the SSID, password and wireless security settings the same in the C50 AP mode:

There shouldn't be any difference for the devices connected to C50 wirelessly.

But the way you have configured - the old router in modem only (bridge mode), C50 as main wireless router is fine too, thus avoiding double NAT in the network.

Actually you can check that observing the C50 WAN port IP address - it should be a public IP address.

Options
2021-07-08 15:22:09

@terziyski  I did use exactly the  ssid and passwords...exactly the same method when I swapped to the new router...but no joy I even checked the channel I was using..so back to router mode and it kicked straight in 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 7

Related Articles