Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Control
Access Control
2021-07-12 08:49:59 - last edited 2021-07-13 03:39:03
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody,

Currently in an internship, I have to block some software and website. For example, we don't want someone access to Discord.

So, I have seen that it is necessary to configure Acces Control. But the problem is when I access to the TP Link Archer C3200's GUI and I move to Security -> Access Control, I can only manage devices's black and white lists. My question is : Is it possible to manage Web site's access on a TP Link Archer C3200 ? 

Kind regards !

Options
3 Reply
Re:Access Control
2021-07-13 04:18:14

@Frenshow 

Your only option is to use Parental control (page 35) for that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-13 08:32:11

@terziyski I tried, but I have a problem. When I put keyword into blacklist for example "facebook.com" and "discord.com", I can no longer access these web sites as desired but I also no longer have access to any websites. How come ? Do I have to fill in the whitelist ? 

Options
2021-07-13 13:23:39

@Frenshow 

In your case restriction mode should be blacklist mode.

Make sure you're with the current FW for the device.

Take a look at the FW release notes - make backup of your router configuration before upgrading FW.

Also make additional notes of your configuration to be easy to restore it, in case you can't restore it from the backup file.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 3

Related Articles