Requests for TP-LINK Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-12 16:33:31
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210330 Rel. 64251

Hello,

I would like to request some features.

Specifically I'd like the ability to set a static ip address of my main deco working in AP mode.

I'd also like to have WiFi schedule to turn it off at specific times and device schedule reboot.

And finally if that's possible to add a repeater mode so I can connect it to TL-WPA8631P Powerline which is connected to AX1800 router and all that to work with mesh :P

Options
1 Reply
Re:Requests for TP-LINK Deco E4
2021-07-13 14:10:32 - last edited 2021-07-13 15:10:42

@Efthimios 

It is possible to set static IP address for Deco running in AP mode. I have all my Decos, Main and Satellite, with static IP addresses. To do that, use "DHCP reservation" or similarly named setting in your ISP router. 

Automatic reboot and power off/on feature will be convenient, I asked for it, too. Until it is implemented, there are workarounds. You can manually restart all Deco units at once using "Reboot All" command in Deco app.

If you want to power off and on Deco units at specific times, you could buy inexpensive smart plugs such as "Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link (HS103)," configure them to power off/on on schedule and connect Deco units to them.

As for powerline adapters, I have pair of ZyXel PLA5215 adapters, tested with one of my Deco units - it does connect through them just fine, reports Ethernet backhaul.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1

Related Articles