Acher AX73 Guest Network Isolation not working in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-14 17:59:28
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200907 rel.76867(4555)

Network isolation in the AX73 does not work in Access Point mode.

Since I have another router, I use this model only for Wifi, thus setting into AP mode.

The Guest Network menu advertises "Create wireless networks for your guests so that you don't need to disclose your main network." but its not true.

On the Guest Network I can still access all my network devices (my NAS, my Raspberries...etc).

There are no option to turn this off.

In this form, the Guest Network kinda useless, only another SSID for the same network.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Acher AX73 Guest Network Isolation not working in AP mode
2021-07-14 19:53:41 - last edited 2021-07-15 03:15:00

@Miberecz 

What you can do is to set AX73 back in router mode and configure in so called manual AP mode.

In that mode the AX73 is in router mode and the option "Allow guests to access your local network" will be available to select.

In manual AP mode you'll still have AX73 as AP, but the option would still be available.

As for how to configure AX73 in manual AP mode see this guide - Case 2.

You can give it a try and see if that works for you - it's similar to the case in this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-15 16:30:14

@ terziyski

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried that already, and indeed there is the option " Allow guests to access your local network

But if I turn this of, its isolates the Guest Network so much, even the DHCP does not work.

If I disable, I cannot even connect with my phone, because it does not gets IP address.

An the other hand, in this simple AP mode, the AX73 itself cannot reach the internet, thus cannot auto update.

Is there any bug reporting form, where I can create a ticket for the developers about these?

Options
2021-07-15 16:53:25 - last edited 2021-07-15 16:54:08

@Miberecz 

There's a difference between AP mode and Router mode.

Several services are not availbale, which might be the reason for this feature to be lacking in AP mode.

Obviously the manual AP mode doesn't work for you either.

There's a section in the forum that is meant for these kind of cases - it's called "Feature Request":

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 999

Replies: 3

Related Articles