Wifi dropping but not internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 13:10:18
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 build 20180810 Rel. 62903

Hello,

Recently we've started having trouble with our wifi. The connection drops regularly on all devices connected over wifi (both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz), but the wired connection is stable so the internet is not going away. I've been unable to find any solution for this problem. Can anyone help me? We've never modified the wireless settings and it used to work just fine. The only recent thing we did is that we used to have the router connected to another router provided by the ISP and we removed that to connect the TP link directly to the modem with the line coming from outside. Thank you in advance for the help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi dropping but not internet connection
2021-07-15 17:40:55

@MisterElbad 

With these tips, your Internet connection will never be lost again! If you're having trouble staying connected to the internet for a long period of time and can't seem to find an answer as to why this is happening, try some of these solutions. The first thing that I recommend doing would be moving closer proximity from your router; sometimes Wi-Fi signals have difficulties traveling through walls or other obstructions so it's best if you think about where in relation they are located when trying different fixes. Next up on my list - check out how much interference there may currently be by checking with someone who lives around you (if possible). This way hopefully we'll figure out what could potentially cause the problem since more often than not people blame their routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 1

Related Articles