AX20 Connection timeout (both wired and wireless)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-16 22:22:46
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello!
I have a problem with my AX20 router. It used to work fine, but recently internet connection started to be very unstable.
I get connection timeout every now and then. speedtest.net, for example, can't even start a test.
My desktop PC, that is connected with a cable to the same LTE modem, has very fast and stable connection.
At first I thought this is related to WiFi, but later I connected my laptop to AX20 using cable and connection was as bad as it was with WiFi.
I tried to upgrade firmware, but router itself cannot even get firmware from TP-Link servers and fails with timeout error.

Can I do something, or I should go to warranty center and need to fix or replace it?
P.S. I already did factory reset, but it changed nothing.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX20 Connection timeout (both wired and wireless)
2021-07-17 05:51:47 - last edited 2021-07-17 06:00:18

@YuriGavshin 

What's the make and model of your LTE modem ? Is your AX20 internet IP address private or public ?

What you can do is to connect your PC to the LTE modem directly, download the latest FW from the support website, connect to AX20 back again and then install it on the AX20.

Here's how to find the HW and FW region of your device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-17 09:13:29

@terziyski 
Thank you for suggestion! Installing the latest FW manually helped!

I wish OneMesh supported wired backhaul - i have concrete plates between floors and my RE505X extender really struggles to connect to the main router on another floor.

Options
2021-07-17 09:24:19

@YuriGavshin 

There's already a feature request for that here.

If possible you can try moving RE505X closer to the AX20 to see if that will improve things.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options