What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

80 Reply
Re:What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?
2022-10-19 10:45:09

@H3X4 

Can you please describe the auto reboot behavior of your Archer AX10? Are all the LEDs turning off and then turning back on in a minute?

Is the power supply in your house stable? Please check and ensure all the other appliances are working properly.

On the local website in India, AX10 should be equipped with a 12 V ⎓ 1 A power adapter, are you saying yours is 12 V ⎓ 1.5 A in the package? Have you had a chance to get another power adapter with the same spec to test if the router will be powered on properly?

Options
2022-10-19 10:56:24

@Kevin_Z

Kevin_Z wrote

@H3X4 

Can you please describe the auto reboot behavior of your Archer AX10? Are all the LEDs turning off and then turning back on in a minute?

Is the power supply in your house stable? Please check and ensure all the other appliances are working properly.

On the local website in India, AX10 should be equipped with a 12 V ⎓ 1 A power adapter, are you saying yours is 12 V ⎓ 1.5 A in the package? Have you had a chance to get another power adapter with the same spec to test if the router will be powered on properly?

Hi Kevin,

Yes all the LED will go off and then boots up again, and yes power us stable no issues and router is connected to ups too.

Yes the label on the power adapter is saying 1.5 Amp do you want me to check with 1 Amp.

Options
2022-10-19 13:04:06 - last edited 2022-10-19 13:30:00

@Kevin_Z 

Adding my 2 cents on this issue....I got this issue but it depend on the services used. Exemple, if i use my chromecast for netflix, the router will reboot.

Netflix on my phone or computer without any casting, it won't reboot. Some site make it reboot and other don't. I can download from steam without issue but other download will make the router reboot

It's the only device that reboot and seem to happen since the firmware 1.2.1 Build 20220316

I will look to downgrade the firmware and see what happen

Options
2022-10-20 07:37:14

@TakaTakaTa 

Can I have the model of your TP-Link router? Is it also Archer AX10? I cannot find this 1.2.1 Build 20220316 version for AX10 on the website.

If it is not AX10, please also check if you are using the original power adapter that came with the device.

Options
2022-10-20 07:40:10

@H3X4 

If the 12 V ⎓ 1.5 A adapter was provided in the package, I guess that should be good to use it.

If changing with another power adapter with the same spec doesn't help, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2022-10-20 11:41:28

@Kevin_Z 

it's a AX73 and yes it's the original power adapter.

The routeur don't reboot without being uses. That why i'm talking about "depening the service"

Me and my girlfriend are working at home with a lots of Teams meeting and it won't disconnect. I use  fight pass(stream service) at night and it will make it reboot.Copying  file between my computers make it reboot also.

So from my POV it's not a power issue but more like a traffic issue that make it rebooting.

Options
2022-10-21 05:59:02

@TakaTakaTa 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

If that is the case, would you like to further investigate this issue with our support engineers? They are happy to help figure it out why the router reboots when there are specific application running. We will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up if you are willing to do so.

Options
2022-10-21 07:21:45

Kevin_Z wrote

@TakaTakaTa 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

If that is the case, would you like to further investigate this issue with our support engineers? They are happy to help figure it out why the router reboots when there are specific application running. We will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up if you are willing to do so.

@Kevin_Z 

Currently have changed the power adapter with a new one of 12v==1 Amp and seems to be connected fine.. no reboots in last 2 days.. so not sure if it's a wrong adapter which was send out in india..

Options
2022-10-21 09:17:03

H3X4 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Currently have changed the power adapter with a new one of 12v==1 Amp and seems to be connected fine.. no reboots in last 2 days.. so not sure if it's a wrong adapter which was send out in india..

@H3X4 That's good to know. We will keep an eye on similar feedback, but I believe this won't be an issue for all.

Please let me know if there is anything new that comes up.

Options
Re:[Troubleshooting] Router keeps rebooting randomly?
2022-10-22 11:14:47

Myilraj wrote

@Kevin_Z 

After an hour, the device re-started two times and this time, the log report is really strange. The time went back to 13-05-2015 00:00 and after suddenly it restarted with timestamp 26-07-2021. Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

​​​​​​​  @Myilraj 
Options
Related Articles