Need to disable DHCP server in router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-19 08:13:29
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I just bought Deco X60 (3pcs) to replace my 2 ArcherC7 setup.

I was very surprised to find that features that should be obvious in this price range are missing from the Deco.

For example switching OFF DHCP server was no problem in ArcherC7, while Deco does not have that option. Why? What should users with a linux server with all the network stuff including DHCP already running do?

Is Deco just an overpriced toy for dummies? I don't want to believe that.

I'll wait for an answer to decide whether to return it or wait for an app update.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need to disable DHCP server in router mode
2021-07-21 17:03:42

Any thoughts? Is it going to be implemented?

Options
2021-07-22 15:39:56

@matoB

If you want quick solution, you have only two options: switch to using Deco DHCP server or return Deco.

If you plan to return Deco, research WiFi mesh from different brand of your choosing to see if it allows to disable DHCP server. It is not just TP-Link Deco mesh that doesn't allow to turn its DHCP server off.

Options
2021-07-22 16:14:23

@Alexandre. you're probably right, I'm already looking at the ASUS AiMesh, looks more professional.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 3

Related Articles