Access point or range extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-20 06:55:22 - last edited 2021-09-13 02:58:19

My English is not perfect, I hope to make myself understood as best I can.

Hi, I'm Marco and I would like your advice on the product to buy.
I am currently renovating the house and have planned LAN connections in every room.
I currently have a 2.5 Gigabit fiber modem in the dining room (the first room of the house) and I would like a good wifi signal even in the last room farthest from the dining room, in the middle there are: my son's room, the kitchen, bathroom, and finally my bedroom.
The wifi barely reaches my son's room, mine absolutely not.
I would like to buy a product that repeats the wifi from the modem in the dining room and also arrives in my bedroom.
I wouldn't want to complicate my life with mesh systems if I can avoid it.
I await your advice on this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access point or range extender.-Solution
2021-07-20 21:50:19 - last edited 2021-09-13 02:58:19

@mmarchio 

In your case I would recommend AP instead of range extender - thus your wireless experience will be better and more stable.

Since you planned to have ethernet backhaul in every room installed, you are ready for this scenario.

But if you don't want to install any mesh network solution, then you can consider any wireless router or range extender that has an AP mode option.

You can also consider a dedicated AP devices as well.

The choice will depend on your budget, whether it's a dual band or Wi-Fi 6 (AX) capable device.

When choosing a device check its specifications on the TP-Link site.

Usually in the section "working mode" different modes of operation are stated - you should search for Access Point mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Access point or range extender.-Solution
2021-07-20 21:50:19 - last edited 2021-09-13 02:58:19

@mmarchio 

In your case I would recommend AP instead of range extender - thus your wireless experience will be better and more stable.

Since you planned to have ethernet backhaul in every room installed, you are ready for this scenario.

But if you don't want to install any mesh network solution, then you can consider any wireless router or range extender that has an AP mode option.

You can also consider a dedicated AP devices as well.

The choice will depend on your budget, whether it's a dual band or Wi-Fi 6 (AX) capable device.

When choosing a device check its specifications on the TP-Link site.

Usually in the section "working mode" different modes of operation are stated - you should search for Access Point mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Access point or range extender.
2021-07-21 12:47:34

@terziyski First of all thanks for your answer.
I was evaluating these two
EAP225 or
TL-WA1201.
Advice?

Marco

Options
2021-07-21 14:55:36 - last edited 2021-07-23 13:52:57

@mmarchio 

I would choose EAP225 because it'a a business grade device, part of the OMADA solution.

Even if you don't want to build a mesh system in your home now (these have a standalone mode - running wihout controller), you have the option to reconsider in the future and build one.

Options
2021-07-21 16:12:37

@terziyski  Thank you 

Options
2021-07-29 05:48:35

@terziyski 

Perfect !!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0