Cannot access other websites than Google and YouTube

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-20 16:31:08
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210420 Rel. 39971(4555)
Hi,

Since yesterday evening, most websites are not working for me, except for Google and a few others, such as YouTube, Facebook - prolly working via IPv6.

Things I have done so far:

- cleaning the cache and cookies in all browsers
- cleaning my PC with CCleaner
- internet connection attempts with AV turned off and Windows firewall turned off
- restart the router, restart the computer
- DNS address changes from automatic to 8.8.8.8 and others
- update the router firmware
- the following commands:

Type "ipconfig / flushdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig / registerdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig / release" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig / renew" and press Enter.

Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.

- disable IPv6
- router reset and setup from scratch - fixed IP provided by my ISP
- restore the system to the state from 2 weeks ago

None of the above helped. I went to sleep, I got up in the morning - everything works. I figured it was a DNS problem on the ISP side, but they said they were fine. A few hours came and now it does not work again ... I called them, they did not know anything about this problem. Their tech guy will be available next a week.

Operator: local ISP

Cable Internet connected to the desktop

TP Link Archer AX1500 router

The problem also occurs on a company laptop connected to this net via Wi-Fi - same websites do not work with exceptions. For example, Onet.pl works on a Laptop, on a desktop - not. fcbarca.com doesn't work on both. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Interestingly, I can ping all these pages without any problems. I can also fire up and play WoW online.

2.4 ghz mode 802.11b / g / n mixed

5 ghz mode 802.11a / n / ac / ax mixed

Fixed IP 192.168.0.41, DNS and gate 192.168.0.1, subnet 255.255.255.0 - as I was told by my ISP and how it worked until yesterday.

Interestingly - all websites WORK through a proxy, e.g. https://hide.me/pl/proxy

In the attachment ipconfig etc. from now, that is, from the moment when it does not work. I have no way to upload the same file from the moment everything works for a comparison.

Thank you in advance for any help.
File:
ip.txtDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot access other websites than Google and YouTube
2021-07-20 20:38:18

@klonu 

It looks like a DNS issue.

Try this settings on your AX1500 and see if that will help:

N.B. Just FYI - you have a double NAT in your network judging by your trace route test:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert -d 8.8.8.8

Tracing route to 8.8.8.8 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
  3    11 ms    13 ms    13 ms  212.91.0.250

Probably this is due to an ISP modem/router connected before the AX1500.

This may not be an issue for you, so if everything works then you're good to go.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-21 07:18:10

@terziyski 

Hi, thanks for the update.

I wanted to adjust these settings but I am using static IP so they are not available. And when I set these on the network card instead of automatic DNS then nothing changes.

Funny thing is the same situation reoccurred and again everything is fine in the morning - all sites work. I am attaching the same file but from now where the situation is normal, maybe that will give you a hint what has changed and what could be the root cause.

I can bet it will go down again and I will try to notice at which hour it broke and I will have a look into the event viewer - maybe I could find something interesting there.

File:
trace działający net.txtDownload
Options
2021-07-21 08:54:51

@klonu 

If you are using a static IP on the Internet port, then that's the setting you should do:

I suppose your LAN settings are like follows:

DHCP server:

The log file is the same - nothing informative about the issue.

Instead pinging 8.8.8.8 you could "ping cnn.com" for example to test the DNS resolution, when there's a problem and when there's no problem.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options