Access point only connect 1 pc,not for other device (laptop/hp)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-07 12:31:41
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi :o,

I am facing a problem in setting this brand of access point(ap).I buy TPLink access point for my office in order to get wifi connection and to extend the wifi range signal from UNIFI and able user to go to internet even far from the unifi signal.

At 1st, I just plug in the AP at any network port here after do the setting.Laptop can connected to ap via wireless but failed to go to internet.

2nd,I try to change the ip of AP same with company network. let say ap ip is 192.168.2.66 .My Gate way is 192.168.2.80.

I set the laptop ip 192.168.2.77 and the gateway 192.168.2.80 same with AP.Laptop can connect to internet via wireless.Other device (handphone/laptop) can connect to access point but failed to access internet.

If i want other laptop to connect to access point and able it to access internet, i need to set that laptop ip.Its not in correct way if everytime people come to offc n bring
their laptop,i need to set ip for it.I want it to automatically connected.

I check also if ap have a problem.At my home i try to connect the ap to UNIFI router.I tri the wireless connection with laptop and no problem at all to have internet access.
Its kinda weird that i cannot do that at my office.

Do have any experts here know is it regarding firewall make this ap unable to access internet?

My office have a firewall and how to enable it to make my wifi connection to ap can function.

I will roughly draft the drawing of network after this...

Help me!!:confused:

I
Options
2 Reply
Re:Access point only connect 1 pc,not for other device (laptop/hp)
2013-03-07 15:09:18

Options
Re:Access point only connect 1 pc,not for other device (laptop/hp)
2013-03-07 21:03:08
Make sure that the DHCP on the access point has been disabled. What's more, the network in your office should have the ability to issue an IP address to every new device connected. You know, if the firewall settings are not set to automatically issue IP address, the laptops and smartphones may not be able to get a proper IP address, which is the reason why internet is not working.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1351

Replies: 2

Related Articles