Can’t connect securely to some web page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-21 20:46:34
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20201116 Rel. 57022(5553)

I have a tp-link router.
Model: Archer AX10(US) Ver 1.26
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20201116 Rel. 57022(5553)
When I use ie to browser a website, I got the error:
"Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner."
I checked on the web. Many people said that I need to check the TSL 1.2 in the internet option setting. I did that on my Windows 10 and no help. I found that if I use my cell phone as the WiFi hot spot, I can use the same PC to browser that website normally. That made me think that the problem should be in the router. Is there a bug in the router? Or I need to change some setting on my router? Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can’t connect securely to some web page
2021-07-21 22:44:40 - last edited 2021-07-21 22:45:10

@CharlesZhao 

If you haven't already set these wireless security settings, do so:

Using Internet Explorer to browse websites is not recommended - check this article:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/05/19/the-future-of-internet-explorer-on-windows-10-is-in-microsoft-edge/

Try opening the problematic websites with another browser like MS Edge or Mozilla Firefox to see if the problem persists.

If the problem still persists you may consider upgrading the device FW - you're two versions behind the current one.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-22 04:14:22

@terziyski thank you! my settings are same as what you recommended. I have to use Internet Explorer to browse this website. that website only support Internet Explorer by now. I will try to upgrade the F/W. But my feeling is that it won't work. So far I can use my cell phone as internet provider to browser this website. BTW the problem website is https://ebanks.cgbchina.com.cn/perbank if your router is same as mine and have the upgrade F/W, please test it for me. thanks.

Options
2021-07-22 10:38:39 - last edited 2021-07-22 11:04:18

@CharlesZhao 

I don't own AX10, but I tested with Archer C6 v2 and was able to open the page without any issue using Mozilla Firefox.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-22 15:44:51

@terziyski Thank you very much! I am sure that I use my AX10 open that web site 3~4 months ago without the problem. I didn't change anything after then on the router. Maybe my internet provider changed something? Maybe that site changed something? anyway, thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 736

Replies: 4

Related Articles